VAT Manager, In-House financial services
£75,000-£85,000 + bonuses & benefits
Are you ACA/CTA qualified demonstrable experience in VAT and financial services?
Looking to maintain a good mix of compliance and advisory, with broad group exposure?
Interested in joining and progressing within a multinational conglomerate in the insurance and asset management spaces?
Your role: The VAT Manager, In-House financial services
We are currently searching for this diversified financial services firm. Headquartered in the UK with operations across the EU, USA, Asia and Africa, their products include life and non-life insurance, pensions and real asset investments.
The team are approximately 15 in number and is spearheaded by a distinguished Global Head of Tax. The successful candidate will report into their second in command, the Head of Indirect Taxes. Specific areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing ongoing relations with HMRC, negotiating on partial exemption special methods
- Provision of advice on the acquisition and integrations of ETF platforms
- Performing annual UK VAT recovery calculations based on HMRC regulations for international security transactions
- Provision of ongoing advice for the VAT treatment of pension fund management
- Oversight and management of VAT compliance for international funds, including those based in Ireland and Luxembourg
- Provision of ongoing advice for capital operations: corporate acquisitions, direct investments and start-up businesses - particularly in housebuilding, urban regeneration and innovative finance
- Provision of ongoing advisory and compliance support for insurance and retirement operations
- Real estate: providing regular ongoing advice on corporate and asset acquisitions and disposals, alongside compliance for real estate funds (approximately 30 registrations)
- Group-wide compliance and advisory for the UK VAT group
- Operating the partial exemption special method for VAT recovery, alongside performing annual adjustment calculations
- Overseeing compliance for IPT registrations
- Performing indirect tax risk reviews and process improvement projects - providing ad-hoc advice on indirect tax queries
What the VAT Manager In-House, financial services will need to succeed
- Strong academic background, CTA qualified (indirect tax route)
- Several years PQE, with in-house experience in the financial services. Real estate experience is particularly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in both compliance and advisory, ideally for large, multinational conglomerates of a group structure
- Motivated, detail-oriented and able to partner-cross functionally across the group
- Experience and willingness to manage and upskill junior and compliance-focused team members
Interested in this VAT Manager, In-House, Financial services opportunity?
Simply submit your expression of interest (attach a CV/LinkedIn profile to frame the conversation) to firstname.lastname@example.org before calling for a confidential discussion on 02072696343.