VAT Manager, In-House
£55,000 - £65,000 + bonuses & benefits
Had enough of VAT preparations? Want an advisory-focused, international role?
Would you be interested in a global asset manager with real progression prospects?
Are you ACA/CTA qualified with experience in a partly exempt business?
This autonomous unit within a larger group owns retail and institutional funds operation and functioning as the asset manager across Europe. The business invests in a diverse range of assets - including equities, fixed income and property. Of a global stature, the size, branding and clear structure of this organisation promises clarity for your progression and development in the world of asset management. An opportunity has arisen in the Real Estate Tax team for a VAT Manager, In-House, to look after UK real estate advisory and related VAT compliance obligations, working alongside the Senior VAT Manager who looks after the group's global real estate business.
The opportunity: VAT Manager, In-House
The successful candidate for the VAT Manager, In-House opportunity will be responsible for supervision and monitoring of the work carried out by the Tax Compliance team. This will include, but not be limited to:
- Developing expertise in advising on UK and international Real Estate acquisitions and disposals and related transactions under supervision of Senior Vat Manager.
- Monitoring and maintenance of the RPA (Robotic Process Automation) solution which produces returns for our special purpose vehicles (SPV's) and funds.
- Review and submission of the SPV returns prepared by Tax Compliance team
- Acting as a key contact for VAT related matters and providing advice and support to the business.
- Drawing up and maintenance of guidance for Finance and the wider business to ensure VAT is correctly calculated, recorded and reported.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the VAT process, including working with business analysts and IT to develop systems to accurately record and report VAT information. Identifying opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
- Providing VAT advice and support on ad hoc projects.
- Keep up to date on VAT changes and Case Law developments and understand the implications for the business.
- Reviewing the quarterly VAT numbers and EC Sales list entries for the real estate business and providing these to the VAT team for incorporation into the Group VAT Return.
- Review and confirmation of real estate Annual Adjustment or Capital Goods Scheme calculations for the VAT team for incorporation into the Group Annual Adjustment.
- Ensuring payments are made within the statutory deadlines.
- Preparation of voluntary disclosures, where required, and assisting with HMRC queries/visits/audits.
The VAT Manager, In-House: The successful candidate
- Demonstrably strong knowledge of VAT, ideally in a partially exempt business
- Ideally CTA/ACA qualified (or part-qualified) with post-qualified experience in-house (or in-house secondment)
- Self-motivated, diligent and detail-oriented
- Of a growth, adaptable and change-oriented mindset. Agile mentality to a dynamic environment
- This is a role with a high degree of visible exposure. We are therefore seeking approachability, first-class communication skills and confidence.