VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services
£65-75,000 + market-leading benefits and equity bonuses
Are you ACA/CTA qualified with a demonstrable interest in the financial services sector?
Do you have solid experience in VAT, looking for a broad role with a blend of compliance and advisory?
Looking to work in a collaborative and established organisation of a start-up mentality in the world of FS tech?
ABOUT THIS BUSINESS
This is an established and rapidly expanding FS fintech organisation in the banking and foreign exchange space. The finance department is expanding and upgrading from a compliance-focused accounting remit, into an integral framework to support and guide all business units. It is here the monitoring and advising on financial implications of varied and key strategic decisions take place.
Operating within the finance team, you will be cross-functionally partners with every business unit in the organisation, from supporting product launches to presenting on executive summary for c-suite stakeholders. Pretty much across the board, development in such roles are limited only by your ability to keep up with the pace. Culturally, you can expect a collaborative, data-driven and creative working environment, where employees have autonomy over their work and functional ownership over their well-thought-out process.
ABOUT THIS ROLE - The VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services
The responsibilities of the VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services will include, but not be limited to:
- Management and oversight of quarterly VAT returns
- Monitoring import VAT recovery, leading on MTD, ERP and strategic projects
- Advising varied internal stakeholders with VAT queries and liaising with external advisors
- Developing and evaluating planning opportunities to add value to the group
- Keeping abreast of legislative developments as the 'go to person' with technical VAT matters
- Collaborating with external advisors to implement partial exemptions special methods and capital goods scheme
- Advising on implications of VAT from developing transfer pricing policy - risks identified and managed
- Managing relations with international tax authorities and overseeing compliance necessities on indirect tax audits
- Regular review and evaluation of VAT risks, process optimisation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED - the VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services
- ACA/CTA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent.
- Prior financial services experience, alternately exposure to partial exemptions special methods and capital goods schemes
- A motivated self-starter who is able to work autonomously and be comfortable in a flat structure without formality or red tape
- An innate data-driven junkie and problem solver, you will demonstrate attentiveness and thinking on process optimisations to best add value
- Welcoming of developmental feedback, not bound by ego or afraid to learn from mistakes in a work environment with high visibility
NEXT STEPS - The VAT Manager, In-House Financial Services
- Simply express your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org (attach a CV/LinkedIn profile to frame the conversation) to arrange a call with Jay on 02072696343 to learn more
- Initial first-stage conversation with the hiring manager
- Final stage interview with C-suite stakeholders and wider finance team members