Temporary Payroll and Finance Officer, 1-month rolling contract, London: Circa £12-14 Umbrella Co per hour
For a large nationwide charitable organisation with headquarters in central London, we are recruiting for a Payroll Officer. This role will be responsible for the processing of payroll, the running of year-end payroll routines and complex reconciliations including annual returns, control accounts and nominal ledger.
What's great about this organisation?
- Large and commercial focus
- Friendly work environment and team
- Process payroll from start to finish ensuring tax codes, entitlements, deductions and adjustments are in line with HMRC and HR requirements
- Statutory and voluntary deductions are made correctly
- Prepare and post payroll reports to the nominal ledger and reconcile control accounts/ loan accounts
- RTI submissions to HMRC and tax code changes
- Reconcile and remit payments to HMRC for income tax, NI and other statutory recoveries
- Monthly debit statements and deal with enquires internally and externally
- Run annual payroll year-end routine, ensuring records reconcile to net pay, PAYE and other payments on the annual returns; P11d's
- Bank reconciliation for all accounts
- Support the implementation of the new payroll system
- CIPP or with substantial payroll and finance experience
- Proven experience in processing payroll including starters, leavers, changes, SMP, SSP, SPP, Auto-enrolment
- Experience in payroll deductions
- Experience in Tax, NI, Pensions Administration
- Experience of year-end reconciliations including control account and nominal ledger
- Experience with Cascade HR or Star Bureau systems would be highly desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, or in learning more, then contact me ASAP as interviews will be taking place on Wednesday 20/03/2019:
ProTax is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.