Tax Senior Manager - Corporate Tax
The role will involve direct interaction with Partners practising in all disciplines within the firm and will be client facing on matters from an early stage. The split is 80% advisory, 20% compliance.
The candidate should have experience in advising on a wide range of tax issues which should ideally include the following areas:
- Advising on the structuring of employment packages, including considering implications of providing employment-related securities, use of share options and structuring of employee secondment packages (inpats and expats);
- Advising on share options generally. A detailed knowledge of EMI schemes would be useful as would an understanding of the approach to take in valuing SMEs for the purposes of granting options;
- Reporting on tax and other implications of incorporation of partnerships either as limited companies or limited liability partnerships;
- Advising on operation of Corporation Tax reliefs/exemptions such as Substantial Shareholdings Relief, Research & Development Tax Credits and Rollover Relief;
- Advising with regard to EIS and SEIS;
- High-level review of Corporation Tax computations to identify planning opportunities and checking whether complex areas have been correctly dealt with by general practice audit department;
- Structuring Corporate transactions such as s.110 reconstructions, statutory demergers and company share repurchases;
- Carrying out Taxation Due Diligence on acquisition and disposal of companies;
- Knowledge of international tax principles such as transfer pricing and mechanics of double tax relief and operation of tax treaties;
- Advising on individual capital gains tax issues
The candidate should be client focused with a solid knowledge base and experience of aspects of income tax self-assessment, PAYE and Corporation Tax compliance procedures so that they can supervise members of the team who deal with the areas. They should also have an understanding of accountancy principles. They will be preferably ACA/ACCA qualified and CTA qualified with 3 to 5 years experience following attaining their qualification.
For further information, please do contact Kevin Racher on 0207 269 6321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR