Economics Analyst (6 months FTC) circa. £28,000
For a large regulatory body with HQ in London, we're recruiting an Analyst to support Economists on a range of analysis including supporting on critical analysis and policy thinking to develop and design legislation. The Analyst will support the Economists to deliver high quality analysis of models for price regulation. The Analyst will support the delivery of aspects of the policy design, contribute to the analysis for impact assessments and associated gathering. The Analyst will work with colleagues across the organisation.
- Support the Economist or Policy Manager to gather evidence to inform aspects of the policy
- Analysis of qualitative or quantitative data to provide evidence for the design of regulation policy
- Contribute to key briefings for senior colleagues as well as more analytical pieces such as impact assessments and working papers
- Manage process across the team including monitoring mailbox, data requests and documents
- Working closely with Policy teams, Government bodies and Consumer associations
- Degree in Economics (or similar)
- Ideally an understanding of electricity and gas markets
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in managing and interpreting datasets
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Able to communicate complex technical issues to a range of expert and non-experts
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR.