This is an exciting opportunity for a UK qualified, financial services regulatory senior associate to support and build on the financial services and regulatory practice, located in London. The team comprises corporate, tax, funds and financial regulation specialists and they work closely together.
The team also supports a number of internal stakeholders within the Firm such as their award winning Pensions Team, Banking, Real Estate Funds and Commercial and Energy teams.
The group works with new financial businesses, with innovative models, to provide regulatory solutions and guidance, quite often with a cross-border element and where the business founders have elected the UK as their establishment of choice. In addition, they work with the following:
- New businesses supporting them in their applications to the PRA and the FCA for authorisation: from payment service providers, challenger banks to fund managers.
- Firms to ensure successful and pragmatic implementation of EU legislation such as MiFID II, the AIFMD, CRD IV, EMIR and MAR.
- Retail banks to produce compliant, customer facing documentation and promotional material for use on-line and in a more traditional branch environment.
- Retail credit providers assisting them to navigate the FCA regulatory environment, including P2P lending platforms, housing developers, car manufacturers and manufacturers of goods offering credit to their customers.
- Global financial services institutions and foreign lawyers.
Business development initiatives to raise the team's profile and expand the practice further, will be fully supported.
Clients of the group include; investment and retail banks, retail credit providers, pension schemes, insurers, exchanges, platforms, fund managers, broker dealers and other intermediaries, and fintech entrepreneurs. The team is rated in the Legal 500.
Key skills and experience
- Qualified lawyer with a broad base of technical expertise in financial services regulation
- Broad experience of and enthusiasm for dealing with a diverse range of financial institutions and businesses
- Ability to deal with clients ranging from senior bank executives and in-house counsel to entrepreneurs
- Experienced in advising on UK financial regulations and on the following European legislation: MiFiD, MAR, AIFMD, PSD, CRD, EMIR and the MLR
- Confident in own judgement
If you are keen to find out more, please do not hesitate to get in contact.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR