HR & Payroll Lead
£30,000 per annum
A HR & Payroll Lead is required for a rapidly expanding retail organisation. Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer, the HR & Payroll Lead will be the go-to person in HR across the business.
Why work for this organisation?
- Potential bonus of up to 20% of salary
- Rapidly expanding business
- Business on an active roll-up plan, acquiring further businesses to add on to portfolio adding economies of scale and allowing future roll out
- Potential progression to Head of HR
This is a growing business with locations across Central London, major cities across the UK and now in the US. The business want to continue to expand, not only providing the UK with a quality experience but also other cities across the US. Each of their shops has its own personality.
As the HR and Payroll Lead you will be responsible for supporting and managing the day-to-day HR operations across a mix of shops, internal and external sites, based throughout the UK, you will drive the people agenda with a focus on recruitment, L&D, compliance and ER as well as managing the end-to-end payroll.
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to managers on a broad range of HR policies, programs and practices, with the ability to affect/consult on change where necessary
- Delivery of effective and efficient process related HR tasks across the employee life-cycle from recruitment, L&D, system management, compliance and ER
- Champion positive employee relations and consistent management behaviour
- Identifying recruitment needs alongside Operations Managers and support and manage the recruitment process
- Manage and monitor effective recruitment and induction for staff, using the appropriate recruitment media for the position in question
- Advise, support and deliver the entire process of ER matters, including disciplinary and grievance, redundancies, absence
- Manage Payroll in its entirety (end-to-end)
- Ensuring all relevant compliance audits and follow ups are completed
- Ensure equal treatment of all employees across the operation
- Lead the way for great communication across the business, ensuring a clear and consistent link throughout
- Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievement within agreed formats and timescales
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets, including HR and training budgets
- Plan and facilitate the training of employees, including management level, maintaining contact with outside resources for training
- Delivering HR Transactional processes (e.g change of terms, disciplinary invites etc) in line with standards and targets
- Inputting information and cleansing information in order to maintain the HR Payroll System
- Maintaining electronic and hard copy employee files
- Adhoc transactional tasks & delivery of projects as directed from Head Office
- Develop and implement effective HR policies in recruitment, retention, employee relations and training & development
- Ensure company Visa status is maintained - strong adherence to compliance required
- Ensure all employees working on a Visa have met the requirements and within timeframes of legal working
What Success looks like:
- Reduction in labour turnover
- Shop performance in line with set KPI Targets
- Lateness and absence levels reduced
- Full Visa compliance
- Up-to-date employee files
- Leading the way in change and adapting the business growth to the requirements of the broader business team
Contact Richard Grove ASAP on 0207 269 6353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
ProTax is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.