HR Business Partner
A leading London-based housing association are looking for an excellent HR Business Partner to join their team.
The HR Business Partner role is available on a permanent basis with a view for an August start.
The organisations People Services team is integral to their success ensuring that they recruit the right staff, that they develop the right skills to deliver excellent services to residents, and that they drive their engagement and productivity through providing an excellent employee experience.
I am looking to speak with accomplished HR Business Partners who are passionate about creating an excellent employee experience through delivering high quality HR services.
This out and out generalist role will have both a strategic and operational element to it.
The Business Partner is the primary point of People Services contact, supporting distinct functional area(s) of the organisation. His or her job is to partner senior managers, within that area, in the development of organisational capability to meet the business plan. The Business Partner similarly works within the People Services Team to create the capacity to fulfil that role.
- Translate the aims of the business plan into appropriate people plans and strategies for functional area(s).
- Ensure that these functional areas work towards the delivery of the corporate People Strategy and that they observe the organisations people policies and procedures.
- Develop the capacity within Service management to manage organisational change, employee relations and organisational development to create the talented and engaged workforce we seek.
- Provide, interpret or develop appropriate management information and performance indicators to allow service management to monitor their people management performance.
- Participate in and, as required, lead corporate people initiatives and as required take a lead role, managing a specific area of activity for People Services.
- Contribute to the development of plans for specific operational units and lead appropriate change initiatives to deliver them.
- Become an integral part of the management team for the functional area(s) assigned, and become sought for not only people expertise, but also more general business knowledge.
- Lead appropriate people and wider business projects, monitoring progress and keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to internal customers on people policies and procedures and the tools available to managers enable them to deliver on their people management responsibilities.
- Carry a customer focus into the development of people policies and procedures and the performance of the People Services function within the organisation.
- Develop a positive partnership with trade unions and their representatives based on trust and mutual understanding.
- All members of the small People Services team must, on occasion, be prepared to support or cover for other members of the team to ensure the delivery of the priorities set out in the People Strategy.
- Carry out other reasonable ad hoc duties commensurate with the expectation of the post as directed by the line manager or the Head of Service.
- MCIPD qualification or comparable management qualification or experience that can be demonstrated as conferring the same level of expertise
- Can demonstrate experience of providing expert HR/OD professional advice and support across a range of HR/OD areas including: Employee relations, Resourcing and recruitment, Contracts of employment, variation of terms and interpretation of terms and conditions, Policy development and HR/OD project work, Identifying and delivering learning and development and OD solutions
- Experience of working in a sensitive or ambiguous environment where an awareness of wider public policy issues was required
- Housing industry experience
- Previous experience of working as a HR Business Partner
If you would like further information on this opportunity, please contact Richard Grove on 0207 269 6353 or email to email@example.com
ProTax is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.