- Are you a HR Officer/Senior HR Assistant that is looking to progress in your HR career?
- Are you a team-player that wants to be part of a growing HR function that supports one another?
- Do you like the thought of working in an autonomous environment with no micro-management?
- Are you Assoc CIPD qualified (or equivalent)?
If so, I want to speak to you ASAP regarding this opportunity!
I am working with one of my favourite clients that has instructed me once again to help them to find the newest member of their HR family.
This role is working for a national charity and is paying between £26,000-£29,000 per annum.
What's great about this client?
- Excellent location (Central London)
- Amazing pension scheme
- Fast-track progression/development
- Work/life balance
- Christmas office closure!
What do the staff think?
"I love it here! It's a really friendly and fun environment. It is also great for anyone who is looking to develop quickly... A number of people that have come in to this organisation at a HR Officer level have gone on to become HR Advisors or HR Business Partners in their next role. You are involved in so many different aspects of HR and learn so much"
- HR Advisor
- Implement HR practice and ensure that all HR processes comply with employment legislation, relevant policies and the relevant sections of the CPD of the organisation in all areas of HR&D work.
- Contribute to the maintenance of HR policies and procedures, making recommendations to policy development and improvement of HR processes.
- Act as the customer-facing representative for D&P and be an initial point of contact for all enquiries. Support, advise and provide guidance to managers, staff, Lead Staff and Heads of within the Team, refer more complex cases to HR&D Adviser.
- Provide a comprehensive recruitment and selection service. (The recruitment element makes up roughly 40% of the role)
- Contribute towards achieving the strategic objectives of the sub-group, supporting colleagues in the HR&D Team, providing appropriate support to the Wellbeing and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisors and working collaboratively with other teams on a range of HR related matters.
- Assist in the preparation, design and implementation of training to the Team and committees
- Contribute towards the development of the monthly D&P newsletter, updating the Lay Employment Advisory pack and other means of communicating HR best practice.
- With guidance from an HR&D Advisor, support the implementation of: performance management; sickness and absence; disciplinary and grievance; redeployment and redundancy procedures within the Team and within other Bodies.
- Work with HR&D Coordinator to ensure accurate data management from all processes to enable quality and meaningful reporting and benchmarking (including the accurate handling of ministerial information on the relevant databases).
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the HR&D Manager and HR&D Advisors.
What you will need to succeed
- Ability to demonstrate good generalist HR skills including the effective and accurate handling of employee relation casework
- Ability to deal with difficult people and challenging situations
- Proven ability of designing and delivering training modules
- Experience of on-boarding in the recruitment process
- Ability to analyse and interpret information / data effectively
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrable ability to develop HR policies and procedures
- Ability to plan and organise own work within a multi-faceted team and deliver results within tight deadlines
- Practical knowledge of current employment legislation and best HR practice
- Practical knowledge of Immigration and Equality and Diversity legislation and Safeguarding procedures in relation to employment
- Track record in successfully delivering a customer focused service
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy, written and oral skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly influencing, listening and advisory skills
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 16th July so you will need to act fast!
Please contact me on 0207 269 6353 or email to Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org
ProTax is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.