Indirect Tax Manager - London - £45,000 - £55,000
Are you an ambitious, confident individual, with excellent knowledge of VAT to join the growing Indirect Tax Team as Indirect Tax Manager?
Do you want to manage a portfolio of clients in a variety of sectors?
- The Indirect Tax department is growing; there is therefore ample scope for progression. Career progression is reviewed at the annual appraisal
- Every individual matters. You're more visible, more accountable and more fundamental to the success.
- Taking day-to-day responsibility for the Indirect Tax team and playing a pivotal role in the development of indirect tax business
- The firm supports and provides internal and external training courses as well as professional updates on technical and non-technical subjects
The Indirect Tax team deals with a broad range of consultancy work emanating from a wide variety of clients. The list below includes some of the responsibilities:
- Further develop the indirect tax practice
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Provide insightful, industry specific advice to clients
- Advice on UK and international VAT liability, transactional issues
- There is very little compliance work involved in this role as the majority of VAT returns are handled by another department. It is only the more sensitive or complex returns that are dealt with by the Indirect Tax department
- A meaningful part of the role will be business development of existing and new clients as well as potentially developing a specialist field of technical or sector knowledge and expertise
- General management of a team, including people management, appraisals, billings
What you'll need to succeed?
- Proven skills in VAT work gained in practice
- Thorough understanding of VAT principles
- CTA is desirable but not essential
- Excellent technical skills and experience, and a detailed up to date knowledge of VAT issues
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably
If you are interested in this Indirect Tax Manager role then please get in contact with me ASAP on 0207 123 5059 or email@example.com