Senior Cost Modelling Analyst
Salary:- £50000 to £69999
Job Location:- London
Senior Cost Modelling Analyst | Permanent | up to £65,500 + benefits | London
We are working with the largest infrastructure programme in Europe for the recruitment of a Cost Modelling Manager / Senior Commercial Analyst. The Cost Modelling Manager will be a pivotal role in the Economic and Commercial Analysis (ECA) team leading on a complex portfolio of work and liaising with Director level, producing vital cost modelling and commercial modelling analytical output across projects. This role will lead the scoping, delivery, and assurance of significant pieces of cost, asset, investment appraisal, business case and commercial analysis from various sources, working with stakeholders to provide decision-making advice to support the development of the programme including operating costs, station design and the long-term passenger proposition.
- As part of the ECA team, lead a commercial work programme, delivering high-quality cost modelling analysis and insight to senior stakeholders across commercial, procurement and transport groups
- Build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across relating to the provision of high-quality modelling data, analysis, and evidence
- Communicate Whole Life Cycle Cost (WLC) project findings to key stakeholders and draw analytic conclusions on outputs from transport and commercial models
- Interpret commercial, cost and asset data from multiple sources for analysis and presentation to customer groups using various tools, models, and analysis techniques
- Develop macro analysis, commercial case-studies, benefits realisation models, costs, and revenue models
- Provide detailed consultancy support around the design and development of commercial contracts.
- Manage a Junior Analyst including coaching and development
- Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Accounting, Finance or Statistics
- Experience in Cost modelling, Asset modelling or Reliability Modelling
- Experience in Commercial Analysis, ideally from a rail background or transport background
- Strong experience with investment appraisals, bids, and business cases
- Wider commercial experience including retail, commercial development and JV would be desirable
- Experience in Whole Life Cost (WLC) modelling for commercial decision-making
- Experience in managing and interrogating complex datasets and models - ideally commercial or transport models.
- Advanced Excel, VBA, SQL, and Python are desirable
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Jobs you might be interested in
£120 to £199
£90000 to £124999
£350 to £499