Senior VAT Manager, In-House
£70-90,000 + market-leading benefits and bonuses
Seeking a VAT specialised opportunity with seniority in the Financial Services space?
CTA qualified with indirect-tax specialisation and exposure to multinational FS businesses?
Seeking a multifaceted role involving advisory, systems implementations and relationship management?
The opportunity: Senior VAT Manager, In-House
This global diversified trader specialise in a variety of hard and soft commodities, with a presence in each of the major international hubs. Business opportunities in this space are monetised through both financial and physical trades. The dedicated tax team (split across the UK and America) focus on managing and mitigating risks and exposures on an international scale, dealing with all the planning/restructuring, reporting, assurance and direct taxation requirements. Compliance functions are largely outsourced to major professional service firms, leaving the tax team free to manage relationships in overseeing this compliance process.
With a moderate tax risk appetite, this business will see you routinely involved in strategic projects to restructure group and economic functions from structured transactions. With trading as a rapidly evolving industry, the business need to remain dynamic and quickly versatile to change. In 2019 alone, your project involvement will include the restructuring of proprietary trading, divestment of non-core operations and optimisation of capital allocation, alongside overseeing new initiative launches beyond EMEA alone.
This role will involve collaborating closely with colleagues globally, across business unit, tax and finance functions primarily, to ensure timely support and advisory on key initiatives and effective management of risk exposure. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Building relationships with front office (traders, analysts, researchers & execution specialists) and provide support on managing any indirect tax compliance, advisory & planning opportunities (including research on issues & recommending alternate actions).
- Building relationships with Finance (business unit & legal entity controllers) and support month end closing process, to ensure indirect taxes are appropriately computed & reflected in financial reporting.
- Ad hoc support on global tax projects while managing the outsourced tax compliance relationship.
- Preparing, review & file indirect tax filings and manage payment of all related taxes / fees.
- Supporting dispute resolution across countries with large aged VAT receivables.
- Improving efficiency of indirect tax compliance processes (including supporting controllers to oversee reporting processes/controls, managing relationship with external advisers to complete compliance and liaising with Treasury to forecast payments/receipts and FX hedging).
- Managing country indirect tax reviews for significant jurisdictions.
- Providing Indirect tax support to the business and operations across all commodities (including the execution teams and the new product develop team).
- Pro-actively identifying improvements and efficiencies in reporting, compliance and reconciliation of VAT/GST (including compliance with e-reporting obligations like the UK Making Tax Digital initiative).
- Managing relationships with key advisors/tax authorities, management of tax audits.
- Assisting on global projects, including process improvement, implementation of new systems
What the Senior VAT Manager, In-House will need to succeed:
The successful candidate for the Senior VAT Manager, In-House opportunity will have:
- A CTA qualification, via indirect tax route and 5+ years VAT experience
- Demonstrable experience in the financial services, asset management/commodities experience preferred though not essential
- Strong academic background, preferably top-practice/legal firm trained with first-time passes
- Ability to cross-functionally partner internationally with non-tax specialists, able to influence at senior-level and commercially-focused front office team members
- ERP system exposure, implementation experience preferred
Interested to proceed with this Senior VAT Manager, In-House opportunity?
Simply email your expression of interest (with a CV/profile attached to frame the initial conversation) to firstname.lastname@example.org, before calling on 02072696343. We are in the process of arranging initial coffees with the Head of Tax, and would like to hear from you if you meet the above criteria.