An exciting opportunity to join a leading US Tax practice in Canada has arisen. The firm, a leading professional services firm is looking to grow their National US Tax practice across Canada but has the greatest need in Toronto & Vancouver. The US tax practice focused predominantly on advisory projects as the majority of their compliance work is outsourced.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Assume responsibility for and manage the recurring tax needs of an assigned client base, including both tax compliance and ongoing tax advisory mandates.
- Take a lead role with respect to training and supporting other members of the US Corporate Tax group in regards to tax compliance matters.
- Work closely with a Partner as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients.
- Plan and organize teams for the preparation of tax returns, and conduct/ present tax research.
- Review the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Lead the tax engagement team in servicing the tax planning and compliance needs of clients. Communicate with clients clearly and build durable relationships with them.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
Requirements for the role:
- Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials;
- A completed U.S. masters degree in Taxation or CPA or LLB (LLM preferred);
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience;
- Occasional Canadian and U.S. travel required;
- Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of four distinct brands: ProTax, ProLegal, ProFinance and ProHR