Asset Management Tax Senior Manager
£75,000 to £95,000
Asset Management Tax - Associate Director Scotland (Edinburgh or Glasgow)
This is one of the most dynamic areas of growth and one in which the firm are currently making significant investments.
They work with the world's leading investment managers across both the traditional and alternative space, offering you the opportunity to expand and develop your own knowledge and skill set by working with large asset managers, hedge funds, large institutional investors, and custodians.
They support their clients with the development of products and advise on fund tax structuring together with ensuring they meet all reporting, filing and regulatory obligations with the relevant authorities.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ownership and development of existing client relationships, including cultivation of relationships based on referrals from other parts of the UK and global business.
- Support senior team members in delivery of a range of compliance and related Advisory services to clients, in addition to developing the technical and operational skill set of junior team members. Work would include:
- Completion of investor tax reporting
- Providing advice to UK and international clients on investor tax reporting issues arising from new funds and/or restructuring of existing ranges
- Ad hoc advisory projects in relation to investor reporting
- Pro-actively ensuring that all relevant risk procedures are adhered to on engagements, in addition to taking financial responsibility for engagements
- Having input into client events on both an account and wider team level basis
- UK investor tax reporting experience gained from an in-house role within a financial institution or from an accountancy/legal/advisory firm
- Knowledge of typical fund structures and the investor reporting implications associated
- The desire and motivation to advance your career in financial services
- The ability to manage a portfolio of clients and projects as well as managing junior staff
- The ability to work closely with clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work
- The desire to be challenged and stretched
- ACA/CTA qualification desirable but not required, similarly a working knowledge of reporting requirements in other key jurisdictions (e.g. Austria, Germany, Switzerland, US) would be advantageous
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.