Capital Gains Tax Manager
£65,000 to £80,000
Capital Gains Tax Manager - London
This advisory led team is offering an exciting opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing sectors within the Financial Services Industry. They are looking for an individual to join an established, client focused team that is seeking to grow and take advantage of market opportunities. They are seeking additional team members who can establish themselves as trusted advisors to a diverse portfolio of large complex clients. This may include asset servicers, regulated investment fund managers, pension schemes and sovereign wealth funds.
They work with some of the largest investors in the world, supporting them in managing tax within their global investment portfolios and fund products. The team typically acts as a centralised international tax advisor, managing global tax workstreams and providing a UK based single point of contact for clients. They strive to provide a holistic tax service to clients, building close, long-term client relationships that we consider are essential to being successful in this sector. Working closely with Partners and Directors in the group and other teams will allow you to develop both technical and soft skills, building close client relationships and professional networks.
The team works closely with international tax teams across 75 countries that are within their global investment management network, as well as working with cross-service line teams. This enables them to provide their clients with a comprehensive tax service. The team provides a wide range of tax support to clients in relation to their global investment portfolios and in-house fund products. They typically provide advice in respect of public market assets and third party pooled fund holdings. Key areas of work include, but are not limited to, supporting investment managers and institutional investors, helping them to understand the tax risks associated with their investments and assisting them in managing international operational taxes (ensuring they meet all reporting and filing obligations).
You will be required to undertake a comprehensive list of duties that will challenge and stretch you on a daily basis. As a growing team, there is significant opportunity for progression for strong motivated candidates.
Managers are expected to take a proactive lead on the day-to-day delivery of client services. This includes liaising with specialists within the UK and overseas firms to manage global workstreams, co-ordinating the delivery of advice.
You will use your commercial awareness and tax technical expertise, as well as leveraging the skills and expertise of others in the firm, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for their clients.
As part of the role you will manage key elements of client relationships. You will be expected to work with senior members of the team to proactively identify tax issues for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities, utilising your networks and market knowledge.
They are seeking a confident team player, who enjoys sharing their knowledge and expertise with others, has a passion for developing junior team members, as well as continuing to build their own technical expertise or specialism.
Key elements of the role:
- Support senior team members in delivery of a range of tax advisory and operational tax services to clients, in addition to developing the technical and operational skill set of junior team members.
- Assessing Capital Gains Tax (CGT) rules and calculations for cross-border transactions by portfolio funds
- Managing a team in the UK and overseas to ensure swift delivery of client deliverables
- Building client teams, developing the capabilities junior team members and supporting the wider team,
- Pro-actively ensure that all relevant risk procedures are adhered to on engagements, in addition to taking financial responsibility for engagements, and
- Input to client meetings on both an account and wider team level basis
- Knowledge of Capital Gains Tax (CGT) and fund accounting concepts, as well as general taxation
- The ability to manage a portfolio of clients and projects simultaneously, as well as experience managing junior staff
- The ability and drive to collaborate well in a team and invest in the development of junior team members
- The ability to work closely with clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work
- The ability to manage and co-ordinate input from international and cross services line teams,
- The ability to learn new tax concepts and apply them within time constraints
- Strong communication and written skills
- The desire and motivation to advance your career in investment management taxation
- Completed professional qualifications (ACA/CTA/equivalents desirable)
To discuss this further please contact Maisie on 07855746366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.