Director, Private Client Tax
City of London
£120,000 to £130,000
· Strong background in residence and domicile issues, including pre-arrival planning and exit planning
· Understanding of international tax issues, including double tax treaties (non-UK tax matters will be dealt with through our international network of advisers)
· Understanding of offshore trusts
· Awareness off international corporate structures, such as UK central management & control and branches
· Strong background with OMBs, including ability to understand accounts and ability to advise on family remuneration planning
· Awareness of planning structures such and Family Investment Companies, Family Finance Companies or property incorporations. Ability to identify where such structures may be appropriate for referral to other parts of the Tax Practice.
· Strong awareness of anti-avoidance legislation including Transfer of assets abroad, transactions in securities and phoenixing
· Sound knowledge of inheritance tax planning, including the use of UK and offshore trusts
· Ability to quickly research and provide answers to a wide range of technical queries
· Experience managing and adding value to a portfolio of personal tax clients
· Significant experience in Technical training and general management of people
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.