Finance and Operations Administrator
£30,000 to £35,000
Finance and Operations Administrator | £30,000 - £35,000 + benefits
London (Full Time: 3 - 4 days office-based + remote working) | Permanent
The Human Dignity Trust (HDT) is a London-based legal charity that provides technical legal assistance to defend the human rights of LGBT people globally. HDT are embarking on an exciting growth phase, thanks to significant successes in the organisation's work in strategic human rights litigation and legislative reform in countries that criminalise LGBT people.
The steady growth in the organisation has driven organisational change and the opportunity to hire a newly created Operations Team, of which the Finance and Operations Administrator will be key.
The Finance and Operations Administrator will provide finance and administrative support on a range of business activities, reporting to the newly appointed Head of Finance and Operations and working alongside the new HR and Facilities Manager. The role will support a range of finance and office management functions and support the streamlining of work to drive efficiencies across HDT.
- Finance Administration: Process all AP/AR transactions, expenses, payment runs, journals, and reconcile balance sheets; support Head of Finance and Operations with finance committee presentations, spreadsheets, and financial reports; identify ways to streamline finance processes and finance systems.
- Corporate Support: Coordinate and provide secretarial functions for Board and Sub-Committee meetings including taking and distributing minutes; register/de-register trustees (Companies House / Charity Commission); provide CEO support including diary management, meeting schedules and correspondence.
- Office Support: Support for all office facilities, equipment, and supplies; manage day-to-day IT systems, liaising with external IT supplier; first point of contact for enquires; maintain all office procedures including data entry, document, travel booking and file management; support HR and Facilities manager with HR database matters and HR reporting.
What you'll offer us:
- Significant experience of providing finance and office administration support to a busy team, and ideally working towards a finance qualification (AAT / ACCA / CIMA)
- Working knowledge of finance systems and processes in a small organisation
- Proven experience of using office IT systems, CRM, and troubleshooting basic problems
- Knowledge of data protection legislation and its application in practice
- Excellent written and spoken English and effective all-round communication skills
- Ability to communicate pro-actively with staff at all levels including the Board and Trustees
- Initiative, adaptability, and ability to work independently, with minimum supervision.
- Alignment with HDT's core purpose and the global LGBT human rights movement
What we'll offer you:
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, closure days over Christmas and a PRIDE day
- Hybrid and flexible working plus option for nomadic working
- Enhanced parental leave and pay, and sickness absence
- Discretionary top up to 7% employer pension contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Desirable Central London office
- We are working at pace, and CVs will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Early applications are highly encouraged as HDT interviews will commence ASAP.
- HDT are working exclusively with Pro-Finance and any 3rd party CVs will be forwarded accordingly.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.