Finance Business Partner
South East London
Finance Business Partner | Up to £59,664 + 26-30 days leave + generous DB pension scheme + great team atmosphere + emphasis on career development and growth
SE London | Hybrid | Permanent
The Finance team at the University of Greenwich are looking for a Finance Business Partner who can make an impact and actively contribute to a very friendly (and humorous) team atmosphere.
We are a team of 20-25 finance business partners who are in the second stage of a transition period with an emphasis on improving our systems & controls and setting a culture of making a positive difference to the University and our students.
What you'll be doing:
- Looking back: monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Looking ahead: setting next year's budget and the 5-year plan, plus maintaining in year forecasts
- Business Cases: partnering with a range of non-finance stakeholders to create business cases. Examples across the wider team include (but not limited to):
- Developing new partnerships or renegotiating existing ones
- Evaluating pro/cons of changing existing operating models
- Helping analyse costs and benefits of refurbishing existing facilities or constructing new ones (learning spaces, accommodation, net zero equipment, physio facilities)
- Getting involved with commercialisation of the University's Research activities
- Other Business Partnering activities: act as the financial controller for your area, ensuring budgets are adhered to, looking for income maximising or cost optimisation opportunities whilst thinking about longer term strategic goals and sustainability, being the go-to person on financial matters for your stakeholders and form part of local leadership teams
What you'll offer us:
- A diligent and conscientious attitude with a desire to make things better.
- Ability to simultaneously zoom into the detail and keep track of the high-level picture.
- Ability to concisely express complex information in a way that maximises impact in shortest time possible.
- Experience of influencing multiple stakeholders, whilst dealing with ambiguity.
- Qualified accountant with a track record of making a difference.
- Positive and resilient mindset, whilst also maintaining a sense of curiosity, humility and humour
What we'll offer you:
- A very attractive defined benefit pension scheme, 26 days annual leave + 3-4 closure days over Christmas
- Supportive and engaging leadership who will place emphasis on your development, whether you wish to pursue your career inside the University or outside
- Excellent team atmosphere (both inside and outside Finance teams)
- Highly supportive environment for people with carer responsibilities (emphasis on output rather than presenteeism)
- Study leave and Leadership Development programmes
- A highly visible role with an opportunity to gain broad exposure across the University and absorb a variety of financial and non-financial information
- CVs will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and early applications are highly encouraged
- For an informal discussion, please contact our recruitment partner Matt Davidson at Pro-Recruitment Group
- Please note, all third-party introductions and direct applications will be forwarded to Pro-Recruitment Group
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.