Funds Tax Senior Manager
£95,000 to £120,000
Funds Tax Senior Manager - London
This market leading Tax team combines expertise in credit transactions, fund structuring, investment manager advisory and, investor tax reporting. The client base includes some of the largest global asset managers and alternative investment funds.
They are looking for a Senior Manage to support their work with Private Capital managers including private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure and hedge funds. This role will include advising asset management firms on the structure of the fund, the structure and remuneration of the fund manager, and the taxation of investment returns to investors and the senior management teams. We work closely with our M&A and Real Estate tax teams to provide joined-up comprehensive solutions to their clients.
You will be a key member of the client team, managing a portfolio of high-profile projects, developing and leading client relationships and developing more junior team members as well as working within wider global project teams.
My client takes your development very seriously. You'll benefit from continuous training and a transparent, interactive appraisal process. You'll be empowered to manage your own workload and achieve career goals that you set yourself, in a team with a proven track record for strong progression.
They encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for their people and their clients.
Connect to your skills and professional experience
- In this team, your role in the group would encompass some or all of the following:
- Advising on a broad array of tax issues relating to the advisor / manager of private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure or hedge funds or retail asset managers, ranging from structuring global carried interest and co-investment plans to structuring the fund and the fund management business
- Providing bespoke tax advice in relation to long-term incentives and complex fund investments for fund management staff
- Working closely with our M&A and Real Estate transactions teams to advise on investor considerations in structuring investments of the fund, and analysing the tax treatment of returns to investors and the senior management team from those investments
- Managing diverse teams (including from other member firms) within an inclusive and collaborative team culture, where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Contributing to the eminence of our team within the wider tax practice and in the market through knowledge sharing and thought leadership.
- Contributing to the growth and success of our new team by engaging in the professional development of our junior team members.
Your professional experience:
- Ability to build strong relationships and communicate complex ideas (through both written and oral communication) in a pragmatic, commercial and articulate way
- A team player that takes ownership of projects, uses initiative to resolve problems and works well under pressure, with the ability to adapt to change rapidly and respond to clients appropriately
- Experience and / or knowledge of private equity, debt, real estate, infrastructure or hedge funds and how they operate
- A good appreciation of tax legislation/case law and tax technical ability with strong attention to detail
- Preferably qualified ACA or ATT / CTA, or equivalent qualification and experience.
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Maisie for more information on 07855746366 or email email@example.com
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.