Global Director of Financial Control
£85,000 to £108,000
Global Director of Financial Control | London | Hybrid | £85,000 - £108,000 + Benefits
On behalf of a global healthcare charity and NGO, we are recruiting a Global Director of Financial Control. This role is key part of the Senior Leadership Team, working to the CFO in delivering financial objectives, strategy, and development. Leading the Global Accounting Team of 25 staff, the Director of Global Financial Control has oversight of group financial reporting and consolidation, global balance sheet, group statutory accounts and audit, donor finance business partnering, Shared Services, commercial accounting, global management accounting, and finance transformation.
- Provide leadership to the UK and Global finance functions and lead, manage, and motivate a team of 25 staff across 6 direct reports.
- Set the vision, strategy, and culture for the Global Accounting Team
- Ensure financial policies are robust and kept up to date with the changing requirements of UK and donor reporting
- Responsible for the groups external financial reporting, internal financial policies, and the group's financial control framework across 80+ entities and 37+ countries
- Liaise with Regional Finance Directors and Country Finance Directors to ensure subsidiaries comply with group financial policy and reporting
- Manage strategic risk register; prepare and present risk reporting at Audit Committee
- Ensure monthly management accounts are robust and are in accordance with reporting deadlines and group reporting policies.
- Work with the financial systems team on identifying, developing, and implementing financial reporting and analysis systems across the group.
- Oversee Global Support Office finance team including management accounting and shared services (including AP, AR, and Payroll)
- Oversee global intercompany accounts; Manage and optimise treasury management and group reserves
- Prepare and submit group statutory and donor reporting and prepare group financial reports
- Manage the audit process for the group statutory audit
- Qualified Accountant with UK and US GAAP and FRS 102 exposure
- Experience as a Group Financial Controller in a multinational UK-based group
- Experience as a group controller in a multi-national UK-based group
- Experience building finance functions, policies, procedures and systems during transformation and change
- Experience of working in an international donor-funded charity
- Extensive leadership experience and managing teams of 10+ across multiple finance functions
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.