In house Tax Director - Real Estate
£110,000 to £140,000
In-House Tax Director - Real Estate
London - flexible working
£110,000 - £140,000 + bonuses & benefits
A investment management company will be hiring an In-House Tax Director. Reporting directly to the CFO and managing a small team, the successful candidate will take ownership of the (largely outsourced) UK and international direct tax compliance and reporting process. Wider aspects of this role include supporting with capital gains tax, international PAYE, SDLT, stamp duty, with tax advisory.
As a key member of our team, you will:
- Lead advisory initiatives aimed at delivering exceptional guidance and support to our clientele. These projects encompass a range of areas including reorganizations, business sales, share scheme advice, valuations, and more.
- Navigate cross-border tax considerations effectively.
- Contribute insights on broader tax matters such as capital gains tax, international PAYE, SDLT, stamp duty, as they relate to corporate planning.
- Manage inquiries pertaining to corporation tax returns, group loss relief claims, loan relationship queries, and related matters.
- Engage in projects related to Research and Development (R&D) relief claims.
- Act as a liaison with HMRC, clients, and relevant third parties.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior members of the corporate tax team.
- Participate in business development efforts, which may include contributing to the firm's technical marketing and attending select events.
The successful candidate will possess:
- A professional qualification such as ATT/ACA/CTA or equivalent.
- Substantial post-qualification experience with a focus on corporate tax advisory.
- In-depth understanding of UK corporate tax.
- Proven track record in cultivating new business opportunities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to approach challenges with a commercial mindset.
- Willingness to express opinions constructively and engage meaningfully.
- Capacity to effectively manage and prioritize tasks.
- Dedication to delivering exceptional customer service.
The ideal candidate will have significant exposure to corporate tax compliance and advisory roles, along with impeccable attention to detail and the ability to thrive in fast-paced environments.
What We Offer:
Our client provides a competitive salary ranging from £110,000 to £140,000, commensurate with market standards. Additionally, we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
This role primarily focuses on advisory work, comprising over 90% of responsibilities, with a smaller component dedicated to complex compliance review. This setup is ideal for individuals whose career aspirations align with advisory services.
For more info - please contact Ben Westhead on 07920 016800
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.