M&A Tax Assistant Manager - Cambridge
£40,000 to £50,000
M&A Tax Assistant Manager - Cambridge
Are you looking for a role in one of the leading M&A Tax teams, delivering on some of the largest buy-outs in Europe and working with the largest private equity houses and infrastructure funds?
Building your client portfolio, refining your skill set and developing deep client relationships are just some of the many possibilities that this opportunity offers!
Joining this team will allow you to:
- Expand your M&A skills
- Gain exposure to a diverse client base, including large international and mid-cap private equity houses, infrastructure funds, multi-national companies and emerging capital providers
- participate in all aspects of the deal cycle from due diligence services, tax structuring, input into SPA and financing document input, post-acquisition implementation and reorganisations and on-going advice to portfolio companies in preparation for sale
- Get involved in client business development activities
- Hone your marketing skills
- Develop your technical skills either by receiving training and coaching or by providing it to more junior members of our team
- Be part of a team that has diversity and inclusion as a shared value and is committed to prioritising our inclusion agenda.
Their key strength is their proven M&A expertise and ability to deliver an integrated team of specialists focused on deal execution and delivering a distinctive client experience.
They recognise the need of flexible ways of working, and accommodate both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for their people and their clients. They develop talent and understand that flexibility allows everyone to reach their potential.
As part of the team take the lead on delivering key parts of their client services. You will have the opportunity to use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
You might own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify innovative solutions for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will also be either people managers or act as coaches and role models to the junior members of the team. You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
- Advising UK and international clients on transaction tax and wider commercial M&A Issues managing a portfolio of high profile projects
- Due diligence in respect of mergers and acquisitions
- Ad hoc project work
- To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them
- To have a clear understanding of the firms commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Work pattern: team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
- ACA/CTA or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- Exposure to international clients
- Prior M&A experience gained in a professional services firm is preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- The ability to analyse information, identify issues and prioritise them.
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.