Private Client Tax Assistant
£27,000 to £35,000
PRIVATE CLIENT TAX JUNIOR
Our Client specialises in providing strategic accounting, tax and business solutions for ambitious owner-managed businesses, entrepreneurs, and individuals. The work as single team across all services to help clients achieve their goals and believe talent should be nurtured and rewarded; working with their staff to identify and achieve their ambitions.
Our Client is seeking an ambitious University graduate or school leaver to join the private client tax team as a trainee, working towards the ATT and CTA qualifications.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with clients, being part of a team that helps them to realise their business and personal ambitions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Dealing with annual Tax Returns for delegated clients
- Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs as well as clients on various tax issues
- Involvement in a wide range of personal tax issues
- Responding to issues and queries from clients
- Involvement in ad hoc project work
- Maintaining regular client contact through emails and phone calls
- Reporting to Partners and Senior members of the team
Essential skills and experience
Our client will train you up to become a competent private client tax wizard in no time at all.
They promote a collaborative culture and provide a working environment which is professional and thoroughly enjoyable to be a part of.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong team mentality but with the ability to work independently (with training of course)
- Strong A level grades, and minimum grade 6 GCSE Maths and English
- Good attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills - thinking outside the box and proposing solutions
- Confident and adaptable communications skills - written, verbally and in person
- Be proactive and determined
- Well-developed sense of client service
- A salary that will make you wallet smile
- Flexible working available - office/home working hybrid
- Core hours with flexible start and finish times
- A social environment with regular staff events
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Being part of a collaborative team who support and help each other
- Real progression opportunities
- Full study package and training
- Being part of a firm who identify with the importance of their corporate and social responsibility
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.