Private Wealth Tax Director
£130,000 to £180,000
Private Wealth Tax Director - London
My client's growing Private Client Tax Team manage funds, businesses and trusts of individuals, families and entrepreneurs. Alongside solving a constantly evolving range of technical challenges, working in this team means building strong relationships with individuals so you can become their trusted advisor and oversee their tax affairs in line with what they want to achieve as an individual or business.
They've established a strong global network that is recognised as a leader especially in looking after entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses. You'll need excellent people skills and strong technical ability as you visit clients across the world. In return, you'll have unparalleled access to partners and opportunities to develop your career in many different directions as you work across a truly diverse portfolio of global clients.
- Play a significant role in supporting the Partners with the management of their client portfolio and growing the firm's Private Capital advisory business.
- Act as a client relationship point of contact for significant Private Equity and other related clients.
- Be responsible for undertaking Strategic Reviews and related assignments for key clients and will be expected to be a Board level influencer.
- Win new clients through networking and business development together with the wider Private Equity sector group and our mutual professional contacts.
- Act as a key point of contact within the Firm for the client who will generally be an active investor with complex advisory and reporting requirements.
- Responsibility for tax planning and complex tax issues with a Private Equity focus on investments in alternative asset classes either directly or via family vehicles, e.g. companies and trusts.
- Advise on ad hoc projects and be deemed as an expert in some areas of Private Client Tax, including but not limited to private equity, non-doms and offshore trusts.
- Profitably manage a small portfolio of complex clients.
- Ensure that the firm's quality control procedures are adhered to on their clients.
- Commercial management of their clients i.e. setting budgets, monitoring workflows and contributing to a commercial and sustainably profitable business.
- Be involved in the team, supporting your peers from a technical perspective, and developing the next generation of advisers.
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as identifying opportunities, to the Partner, and acting on these accordingly.
- Develop, execute and manage the account development for own client portfolio.
- Contribute to the tax group's sales and marketing activities in developing new work wins especially in the Private Equity market.
- Overall responsibility for resource planning and allocation for their portfolio.
- Staff training and development including recommendations for promotion.
- Counsel, appraise, develop and motivate staff as appropriate.
- Liaise with Tax Authorities.
- Liaising between clients and their other advisers in a collaborative and efficient manner.
- Act as a liaison between the client and other service lines and tax specialists within the firm.
- Act as a role model for the firm, both externally and internally.
- Consult with colleagues and Partners on technical and risk matters..
We're looking for someone with:
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of relevant aspects of Private Client taxation.
- Acknowledged as an expert in their specialist field and able to deal with complex tax issues.
- Educated to degree level; and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent.
- Demonstrable appropriate post qualified experience.
- You'll be able to be yourself; we'll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We're committed to agile working, and we offer every colleague the opportunity to work in ways that suit you, your teams, and the task at hand.
- We'll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.
To discuss this further please contact Maisie on 07855746366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.