R&D Tax Assistant Manager - IT/Software
£56,500 to £66,500
R&D Tax Assistant Manager - IT/Software - London
up to £66,500 + 20% bonus
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for providing specialist advice to the firms clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes.
A key aspect of the role will be the management of larger claims, in addition to displaying commercial awareness during claims and with clients.
Assistant Managers will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of engagements in the Technology/Software industry and may also be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals, and other sales activities.
Our ideal candidate will have a background in the Technology/Software space and will have worked within the R&D space for at least 3-4 years.
Assistant Managers are expected to:
- Have a strong understanding of technical concepts within Technology/Software.
- Demonstrate maturity during client engagements and amongst peers;
- Work within the more challenging areas/ methodologies of R&D tax, whilst building compelling viewpoints and rational behind decisions and thought processes;
- Identify risk and technical matters, as well as business development opportunities, discussing them with senior leadership
- Ensure that the Ayming's quality control procedures are adhered to as appropriate
- Assist with Marketing activities and events as required
- Project manage claims by continuously liaising with clients, colleagues and key contacts at HMRC to ensure claims are optimised and deadlines are met within required timeframe
- In conjunction with client forecasting and supporting/leading on enquiry processes, Assistant Managers are also expected to:
- Assess projects technically in line with HMRC guidelines;
- Assisting with Recruitment, Training and Marketing activities / events as required;
- Supporting leadership with the management of the Claims team including reporting, training and process improvements;
- Manage/mentor Associate Consultants and Consultants;
- Lead client engagements;
- Be the main point of contact for queries
What do they offer you?
- highly competitive salary and the best bonus in the R&D tax market
- The opportunity to join a multi-talented team made up of dual-qualified tax and technical experts, including engineers, scientists, accountants and software specialists to name but a few.
- Genuine responsibility with direct client engagement across a range of sectors including, Technology, Manufacturing, Construction, Food and others.
- Extensive career development, progression, and training - Continuous development and support not only for your professional qualifications but also for your personal goals and aspirations, so we can grow together.
- Career Coaching - Better never stops. Sharing our time to make the best use of yours.
- Hybrid working
To discuss this fantastic opportunity please contact Maisie on 07855746366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.