R&D Tax Assistant Manager Bristol
£34,000 to £46,000
R&D Tax - Assistant Manager Bristol
The UK government provides tax incentives to businesses performing R&D; This R&D tax services group is a market leader in helping clients secure these incentives and is the most experienced team in the UK.
Continued market success has created new opportunities and we are now looking to recruit candidates with a tax and financial background, to help join this successful team. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge across a wide range of areas and to help companies identify the R&D claims for these incentives. This R&D role can involve activities such as data analysis, claim quantification, applying the appropriate tax principles, building client relationships, project management and business development across all sectors and different types of R&D and innovation.
As an Assistant Manager you will be in a client-facing role from day one. Although you may have no previous R&D tax claim experience, you will quickly progress to leading and delivering our R&D projects, assessing eligibility requirements, drafting methodology documentation and preparing claim calculations across a wide range of market sectors and industries as well as supporting junior team members. You will be working with senior technical and finance staff within our client companies where you will need to understand their R&D profile and IP portfolio, the nature of the R&D activities performed, and expenses incurred as well as supporting our clients with developing robust claim methodologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Analysing the qualifying company requirements for establishing the applicability of the SME and/or Large R&D regimes
* Analysing technical and cost data from clients to develop robust and efficient R&D claim methodologies
* Leading the tax technical aspects of the R&D claim process within a project team to ensure that all relevant Patent Box profits and R&D qualifying expenditure are identified
* Preparing clear reports for submission to HMRC to explain how our clients' R&D claims have been prepared. You will attend meetings with HMRC when necessary to respond to tax technical questions and explain the approach adopted
* Providing industry insight into marketing and sales activity based on your R&D experience, including preparation of fee proposals where appropriate
* Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
* Reviewing work prepared by junior team members, ready for Director or Partner review
We would be interested in hearing from applicants with the following skills/ experience:
* Degree level qualified (or equivalent)
* ACA, ATT or CTA qualified (or equivalent)
* Demonstrated capability to lead small project teams, with experience in delivering both to internal and external customers
* A strong communicator, with good interpersonal awareness skills
* The ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams as well as generating high quality documentation
* Proven ability to propose for new work on existing client base and support leadership team in market pursuits
* Well-organised and able to manage multiple large and complex projects, handling conflicting demands for yourself and team-members in a timely manner
To discuss this further please contact Maisie Horrell on
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.