R&D Tax Senior Manager
£85,000 to £100,000
R&D Tax Senior Manager - London (flexi working)
I'm working on a new role within a leading mid-tier accountancy practice who are looking to expand their successful R&D tax team at the Senior Manager level.
As a Senior Manager in the R&D tax team you will assist with leading and developing the team and function. The team has ambitious growth plans and you will play a pivotal role in helping to achieve this from both a delivery and business growth perspective, strategic leadership and expert guidance in the area of Research and Development (R&D) tax incentives.
Your primary responsibility will be to oversee and manage a team of R&D tax specialists, ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of R&D tax services to clients. You will provide technical expertise and guidance on complex R&D tax matters, staying up to date with the latest regulations, legislation, and industry trends. Additionally, you will collaborate with other departments within the wider practice to identify cross-service opportunities and provide comprehensive client solutions.
As a trusted advisor, you will establish and maintain strong relationships with clients, acting as the main point of contact for R&D tax matters. You will conduct client consultations, assess their R&D activities, and identify qualifying expenditures for tax incentives. You will lead the preparation and review of R&D tax claims, ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations. Furthermore, you will liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients and represent them during any R&D tax enquiries or investigations.
Overall, the Senior Manager will play a critical role in driving innovation, supporting client success, and helping organizations unlock the full potential of R&D tax incentives
- Work with the Director and other senior leadership to actively develop sales strategy across the business.
- Contribute to the management of a small team of R&D tax relief specialists, providing guidance and support on technical issues and best practices.
- Review and approve R&D tax relief claims prepared by the team.
- Lead meetings with key clients to identify R&D tax relief opportunities and provide expert advice on tax implications, making referrals to other specialists within the business as appropriate.
- Manage relationships with HMRC in relation to R&D tax relief claims, including leading discussions and negotiations with HMRC.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients to ensure that their affairs are managed effectively.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in the UK tax system, particularly with regard to R&D tax relief, and provide guidance to the wider business and clients on these changes.
- Contribute to the development of best practice within the R&D team to drive continual improvements in service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Represent the firm at industry events and conferences.
- Use data, foresight, and experience to inform judgement and anticipate trends with little precedent.
- Own key internal and external long-term relationships, representing externally
- Interpret complex information and use expertise to inform resolution across a wide range of scenarios.
- Expert within and beyond own discipline
- Take responsibility for managing complex billing discussions with clients and suppliers.
- Significant experience of managing R&D claims and personnel within an R&D tax department of an accounting practice or a large boutique
- Excellent working knowledge of R&D tax incentives
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Skills in coaching and delegation
- Ability to handle a large portfolio of clients across a range of sectors
- Strong technical background, for example a STEM degree, or the ability to demonstrate technical skills and knowledge gained through experience in R&D tax
- Business development experience
- Experience in training and mentoring R&D staff member
- A strong desire to develop and lead from a strategic perspective
To discuss this further please contact Maisie on 07855746366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.