Senior Consultant R&D Tax - IT/Software
£52,000 to £60,000
Senior Consultant R&D Tax - IT/Software - London
up to £60,000 + 20% bonus
The Senior Consultant will be responsible for providing specialist advice to this firms UK clients on R&D tax reliefs, including the technical, tax and financial aspects of the relief schemes. A key aspect of the role will be the management and preparation of written reports supporting claims for R&D tax reliefs.
Additionally, the Consultant will be expected to maintain excellent client relationships across a portfolio of cases and may also be asked to support the sales team in business development, proposals and other sales activities.
In particular, the Senior Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
* Meeting with clients/targets at all stages of the sales and production process in order to discuss R&D reliefs. This is likely to include both finance and senior technical contacts.
* Interviewing in-house technical staff in order to gain an understanding of their activities so as to permit an assessment to be made as to whether the activity is eligible R&D for the purposes of the reliefs being sought.
* Working with the relevant client contacts to gather detailed financial, HR and any other data to facilitate the calculation of the relief, including where necessary designing methodologies for quantifying the eligible R&D expenditure.
* Preparing and reviewing structured reports in support of the claims made, including descriptions of the R&D projects identified and setting out why the projects are considered eligible for relief.
* Contacting and liaising directly with HM Revenue and Customs on behalf of clients to discuss and obtain agreement of the claims, including attending meetings, telephone calls and drafting written correspondence.
Skills and personal qualities: Excellent communication, presentation and language skills are essential, including the ability to explain complex tax and technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
What do they offer you?
- highly competitive salary
- Hybrid working environment
- Vibrant, social environment
- 25% off gym memberships
- fantastic career progression opportunities
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Maisie for more information on 07855746366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.