Tax Accounting Manager
£60,000 to £720,000
Tax Accounting Manager London
up to £72,000 + bonus
This fast growing, leading mid-tier accountancy firm are looking for a Corporate Tax Accounting Manager to join it's exciting and growing department. The right candidate will work alongside both the senior management team and partners, to provide bespoke tax advice to clients, as part of their newly formed Corporate Client Services Team. This team is focused purely on delivering audit and tax services to their largest clients, and is looking for a Manager or Senior Manager to be a key player in this new team.
This newly created role allows the right candidate the opportunity to help develop and play a key part in leading their tax accounting and compliance offering to their large corporate clients. The right candidate will have significant experience in tax audit assignments, both for listed and privately owned large businesses, interim tax reporting, and the management of large and complex tax compliance projects for UK groups. This role will spend around 50% of the time working closely with the partners and more junior members of the team to deliver tax accounting and compliance advice to the firm's clients. The remainder of the time would be spent assisting partners in providing tax advisory services to the firm's large corporate clients, and also scoping new opportunities, including inputting into proposals and tender opportunities. The candidate will get full exposure to client facing communication and working on projects all the way from initial engagement through to the delivery and implementation. The candidate would also be expected to play an important role in the development of their peers and more junior colleagues on a day to day basis, both technically and professionally.
The candidate would be expected to manage the delivery of compliance, tax accounting and tax advice to the partner for approval. This consists of a good balance between working with more junior resource in the team and reviewing their output and also being responsible for the preparation and delivery of bespoke advice direct to the partners.
The focus of this role is to assist the firm's large corporate clients on tax accounting, compliance and advisory matters, and a summary of the likely work is:
- Preparation and review of corporation tax and deferred tax provisions for audit purposes, under both IFRS and FRS 102.
- Review of corporation tax computations, to include work in connection with group relief, CIR, and QIPs.
- Management of client's corporation tax compliance matters on an ongoing basis, ensuring deadlines are met, both with the client, internally and HMRC.
- Corporation tax advisory assignments to include advice on SSE, CIR, group relief and consortium relief.
- Managing full scope tax due diligence projects and liaising with other members of the wider tax team to deliver reports covering corporation tax, PAYE and VAT (and any other relevant taxes) on such assignments.
Although the role is focused predominantly on a candidate with tax accounting and complex tax compliance experience, there will be a requirement to assist with the tax advisory work that arises in respect of our larger corporate clients.
The ideal candidate should be client focused with a solid knowledge base and experience of aspects of tax accounting and tax compliance work for large and complex.
- They will preferably be ACA/ACCA and/or CTA qualified
- Extensive experience following attaining their qualifications
- Advanced excel and word skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A good team player
- Experience of mentoring and developing more junior team members
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Organised and motivated
- A driven person who will take ownership of tasks and drive to completion
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to deliver work to an agreed timescale and budget
- Ability to generate creative ideas both for technical work and business development purposes
- Ability to build personal rapport with clients and to win their trust
To discuss this further please contact Maisie on 07855746366 or email email@example.com
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.