City of London
£65,000 to £70,000
Tax Advisor, newly qualified
£65,000 - £70,000 + bonuses & benefits
City of London (3 office days per week)
A specialist insurance business will be appointing a recently qualified Tax Advisor to add to their established and growing team, based in the City of London. Working closely/reporting to the Senior Tax Manager, the successful candidate will hold a varied set of responsibilities focused primarily on corporate tax compliance and advisory matters, however additionally encompassing involvement with international and indirect taxes.
We anticipate this position is likely to best suit an ambitious and recently ACA/CTA qualified tax professional who brings a solid foundation across UK tax compliance/advisory and is of a client-facing calibre. This is a wonderful in-house opportunity to join a high-profile and reputable team with a strong record of retention and internal promotion.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the management of corporate tax compliance and tax accounting processes for the UK & wider entities within the group
- Direct tax technical analysis and contributing to input around specific tax queries and projects as necessary
- Proactively managing tax risks and providing tax technical support and advice to operations and international stakeholders
The successful candidate
- Recently qualified CTA/ACA
- Either experienced working within a top professional services environment, or of a client-facing calibre
- Solid grounding in UK corporation tax compliance/advisory essential - any international/indirect tax exposure considered advantageous
- Accustomed to working with both current and deferred taxes
- Prior insurance or financial services experience desirable
- The right to work permanently within the UK is required for this position
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.