Tax Assistant Manager
City of London
£70,000 to £75,000
In-House Assistant Tax Manager, Insurance
£70,000 - £75,000 + bonus & benefits
City of London, hybrid working model
Pro-Tax is working with a growing insurer in the London Market, recruiting a broadly focused Tax Accountant.
Reporting directly to the Head of Tax and collaborating with an experienced team of three, this position is purposed to support in the oversight of (outsourced) tax compliance, covering both corporate and indirect taxes. The successful candidate will also gain exposure supporting with international tax and transfer pricing matters, while supporting the Head of Tax and Senior Tax Manager across an array of key projects. Namely, these include implementing Pillar II, M&A and ongoing transformations and process improvements.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparing tax packs for (outsourced) completion of returns
- Supporting with reviews of CFC and DPT and analysis
- Assisting with UK and international tax reporting
- Supporting with tax accounting under IFRS & local GAAPs
- Preparation and maintenance of SAO
- Supporting the team with business queries relating to corporate, indirect and international taxes
- Supporting the tax team with key projects to include M&A, tax transformation and Pillar II implementation.
The successful candidate
- Recently qualified (or part-qualified & nearing completion) ACA/CTA/ACCA
- Open to either direct or indirect tax backgrounds from the financial services - a breadth of tax experience is desirable
- Either prior in-house tax experience, or hands-on tax experience in a practice setting
- Any experience with international matters (international tax, transfer pricing etc) considered advantageous
- The right to work permanently in the UK is required for this post
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.