UK Stamp Duty Tax
£85,000 to £115,000
UK Stamp Duty Tax - London
This firm is offering an exciting opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing sectors within the Financial Services Industry. This is one of the most dynamic areas of growth and one in which the firm are currently making significant investments.
They work with the world's leading investment managers across both the traditional and alternative space, offering you the opportunity to expand and develop your own knowledge and skill set by working with large asset managers, hedge funds, large institutional investors, and custodians. Being a trusted advisor and building long term relationships with such clients is key to being successful in this sector. By working closely with Partners and Directors in the group it will allow you to develop and learn how to build such relationships whilst enhancing your own personal portfolio and networks.
This Group already consists of a team of 35 well-established tax specialists who work exclusively with investment managers. The Group works closely with our UK Audit, Regulatory and Consulting specialists together with teams across 75 countries that are within our global investment management network. This enables us to provide our clients with comprehensive compliance and Advisory services.
We support our clients with the development of products and advise on fund tax structuring together with ensuring they meet all reporting, filing and regulatory obligations with the relevant authorities.
You will be required to undertake a comprehensive list of duties relating to investor reporting. The different projects that you will be managing will ensure that you are challenged on a daily basis.
Connect to your opportunity
Our Associate Directors take the lead on fostering strong client relationships, and overseeing the efficient delivery of key aspects of client service.
As an Associate Director you will use your commercial awareness and professional expertise, along with leveraging the skills and expertise of others, to deliver the best possible experience and outcomes for our clients.
You will own or manage key elements of a client relationship and, with an appropriate level of support, will be expected to proactively identify tax issues for your clients and pursue new business development opportunities by utilising your networks and market knowledge.
You will be a confident team player and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise with others, as well as continuing to build your own technical expertise or specialism.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ownership and development of existing client relationships, including cultivation of relationships based on referrals from other parts of the UK and global business.
- Support senior team members in delivery of a range of UK Stamp and Global Financial Transaction Tax compliance and related Advisory services to clients, in addition to developing the technical and operational skill set of junior team members. Work would include:
- Preparation and review of tax technical advice on the UK Stamp and Global Financial Transaction Tax ('FTT') implications of fund mergers and rationalisations
- Co-ordination of multi-jurisdictional FTT advisory projects for asset manager and fund administrator clients
- Management, development and oversight of FTT technology solution
- Pro-actively ensuring that all relevant risk procedures are adhered to on engagements, in addition to taking financial responsibility for engagements
- Having input into client events on both an account and wider team level basis
Connect to your skills and professional experience
- A strong understanding of UK Stamp Duty and SDRT legislation, as well as a good working knowledge of global FTT regimes
- Knowledge of typical fund structures
- The desire and motivation to advance your career in financial services
- The ability to manage a portfolio of clients and projects as well as managing junior staff
- The ability to work closely with clients, applying practical and commercial concepts to technical work
- The ability to work in a team
- Strong communication and written skills
- The desire to be challenged and stretched
- ACA/CTA qualification desirable but not required
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.