VAT Advisory Manager London
£65,000 to £78,000
VAT Advisory Manager London
The Indirect Tax Team has grown rapidly over the last 5 years and to continue that growth needs high calibre additional resource at Manager level. Our team is regarded within the firm as one of the leading and most successful service lines, with a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work with.
They reward their employees on merit and not time served.
Working for this firm will present you with the opportunity to get involved with high profile clients and expand your horizons.
The Financial Services ("FS") Indirect Tax team sits within the Indirect Tax group and focuses on the key industries of Banking & Capital Markets, Investment Management, Insurance and Fintech.
Team members have deep cross-FS industry knowledge and a wealth of experience in providing tailored and practical advice to clients on the application of VAT and IPT rules in relation to complex transactions and arrangements.
Keeping abreast of all relevant Indirect Tax issues and developments that clients are most concerned with, the team also works closely with industry bodies as well as frequently dealing with HM Treasury and HM Revenue & Customs, acting on behalf of clients and in the course of consultations. Consistent with its clients' operations, the work is often global in nature and provides the chance to broaden knowledge and interact with the firms global network regularly. Members will expect to work with all other people in the team, often reporting direct to Partners.
Connect to your opportunity
Working in the FS team will present any new member with the opportunity to become involved in challenging and interesting work, where innovation is welcomed and team spirit is vibrant and sociable.
Your skill set will be enhanced as you work across this diverse team on projects ranging from global restructurings to tax model transformations or from dispute resolution/litigation to VAT process automations.
As you are given the autonomy to establish your own contacts within a client and reach your own solutions your independence will be accelerated.
It is up to you to take this independence and build your own network. Whilst autonomy is encouraged the team network will always be available when you need support and advice.
You will have responsibility for:
- Assisting with deepening relationships with target accounts, contributing to winning new work
- Leading existing client engagements, regularly reporting direct to a partner
- Assisting with developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Contributing to enhancement of relationships with all targets and clients
- Working closely with colleagues in other parts of the firm
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Connect to your skills and professional experience
Your professional experience:
- CTA or equivalent qualification
- Prior Financial Services VAT experience gained within industry, professional services or HMRC
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunities and take early responsibility